SCA's Summer Internship Program
The SCA's Summer Internship Program ("SIP") recruits talented NYC public high school juniors/seniors for a six-week internship with various SCA business partners, organizations and associations. The internship is designed to expose students to the sponsor firm's core business operations. Students work alongside professionals on a variety of administrative and more advanced hands on assignments. Students spend four days a week working at their sponsor firm and the remaining day of the week attending career development workshops and activities designed to help them succeed academically, personally and professionally.
- Students receive career experience and mentoring.
- Students attend career development workshops on business etiquette, business communication, financial planning, and college planning.
- Rising seniors who successfully complete the six-week program receive one HS credit.
- Students intern 30 hours per week from the first week in July through mid-August.
- Students are paid a minimum wage salary.
- The program is open to college-bound, NYC public high school students in their junior/senior year.
- GPA requirement: 80 or above
- Students must be available to complete the entire six-week program.
(High Schools should submit application materials to SIP by March 1st)
- Students must be recommended for SIP by their guidance counselor/college advisor.
- The application materials must include the student's updated resume, most current high school transcript, completed SIP career questionnaire and profile form along with their advisor's recommendation.
- Eligible students will be scheduled to interview for SIP during the Spring Break period at the SCA.
- Selected students will be notified of decisions from their school contact in early May.
- If approved, students will begin their internships in July.
The SCA's internship programs follow the agency's avoidance of nepotism policy. Please clink on the link below to review the policy
Inquiries, requests for a copy of the SIP career questionnaire and applicant profile form may be emailed to: SCA Internships.